Things you should never do when driving an automatic transmission vehicle
With an automatic transmission vehicle, maximum comfort is ensured But the drivers must avoid the following practices to ensure their safety and safety of the vehicles.
- Don't shift gear while still moving: don't shift from drive to park while the vehicle is still moving. This action could break and distort the locking pin. use brake to stop the vehicle completely before shifting to park. Parking position is to prevent the vehicle from rolling off.
- Don't put the gear to neutral while coasting: this will stop the oil circulation in the transmission, causing wear and tear of gear teeth. Negligible fuel save cannot buy or repair the damages done to transmission.
- Don't shift to neutral at red light: let the gear be in drive and apply brake. This is to ensure continuous oil supply to the transmission while for greenlight in traffic
- Don't zoom off immediately: make the engine warn and oil circulation complete before driving at top speed. Be gentle with it until it completely warms and oil circulation is completed before driving at top speed
- Don't shift from D2 to D while the vehicle is moving: if you mistakingly engaged the gear in D2 instead of D, and got noticed over hours of driving. Stop the vehicle completely, shift it to park, off and start the vehicles again before engaging in normal driving. You're saved now.
Hope this is helpful